Tuesday, July 03, 2007

More Moving Topics

I'm moving in two days. I went to the store to buy labels so that I could assign some semblance of organization to the used boxes we've been filling--ones that have been through so many moves that each one boasts the Sharpie-d scrawl of at least three previous tenants. I figured a fat white sticker on each box with the appropriate destination for THIS move would help clarify things a bit.

With sticky paper in hand, I returned to my car only to find that it wouldn't start. The Boss was calm and collected as I tried to jumpstart the battery with a big booster thingy I carry around in the trunk but do not know how to use. Thankfully, two gentleman in a tractor-repair truck pulled in across the parking lot just as I began to get disgruntled. I flagged them down and they not only showed me how to properly affix the jumper cables, but proceeded to diagnose and (temporarily) fix the real problem when the jump start failed to work. I was on my way in about ten minutes, extremely grateful to these men for their help and their sunny demeanor. It made my entire day to have interacted with such positive people.

Carrying on in the vein of positivity, check out the new badge on the right hand side of my blog (below the Google ads, which you can feel free to click on as well--a girl's gotta pay two mortgages somehow). The Team Whymommy icon is emblematic of the new coalition rallying behind a fellow blogger who was diagnosed last week with a rare form of breast cancer. A poem she wrote before she got the news sticks in my head every time I go to her blog, and oftentimes when I'm not even at the computer. It is a straight-forward message in chronologically backward form. It is the beginning of a journey that she is inviting us to take with her.

***

My appearances here will be sporadic over the next week as we settle into our new digs.

Happy Independence Day to all.

7 comments:

S said...

I hope the move is as smooth as possible, friend.

(hugs)

Unknown said...

You are the second blogger I've read today to mention Whymommy. I'll have to check it out.

Congrats on the move and condolences on the moving process! Do you have someone to help with the Boss while all this is going on? And the dog for that matter.

Lastly, isn't it just the best picker-upper when you are the recipient of a helping hand?

Happy moving, happy 4th and I'm off to click ads!

Amy said...

hope your move goes well and that you have a festive july 4th.

ps - moving sucks.

Marty, a.k.a. canape said...

Oh, good luck with the move! I feel your pain of two mortgages, having just sold our second house about a month ago.

Thank you so much for adding your support for Whymommy. I really appreciate it!

ewe are here said...

The support for Whymommy is incredible. Just incredible.

Good luck with your move!

Whirlwind said...

Good luck today with the move!

I tagged you for a meme when you get settled in!

http://mylife-whirlwind.blogspot.com/2007/07/tag-im-it.html

Anonymous said...

Thank you! I'm overwhelmed by the supportive comments, and it is so totally helping. Good luck with the move ... and the unpacking!