Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Lifestyles of the Young and Selfless

Sometimes I wonder if The Boss could fall any further from the most proximate branches of her family tree. Take this recent manifestation of her altruistic nature in conversation with yours truly:

Me: I'm sooo hungry.
The Boss: Do you want dinner?
Me: Mmmm, yes.
The Boss: Do you want my dinner?
Me: No, thank you. Your dinner is for you.
The Boss: But I'm not hungry. You're hungry.

There's no way such sensitive logic could be a learned trait, not in our fend-for-yourself household. And if it's genetic, it almost certainly skipped a generation. In spite of--or maybe because of--that fact, I can't help but marvel at her perspective. She forces me to look at things differently. I appreciate that.

2 comments:

Heather said...

That is awfully sweet of her to offer. And you really can't argue with her logic.

toyfoto said...

Thing I hate most about this is that it goes away. Maturity beats it out of us. And really? The logic IS perfect.