Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Can You See Me Now?

Earlier in the winter, I kept telling The Partner that I need new windshield wiper blades. "These things suck," I said, time and time again. My ever-patient husband would remind me on each occasion that it was not the wipers that sucked--it was the New England winters. There are certain times and places where windshields just aren't meant to be seen out of. November through March in Connecticut is one such example.

Then I received a delivery of Prestone Washer Fluid Booster (de-icer additive) to review for the Parent Bloggers Network. The packaging promised that the product would "quickly remove light ice and frost and help to repel build-up of dirt and salt from road spray as you drive. Also helps prevent dangerous re-freeze from forming on your windshield." I smiled and nodded. That's what I do when I'm not paying much attention, or when I don't believe a thing someone is saying.
While working on one of my car's myriad problems, The Partner poured the bottle into the washer fluid reservoir and left it to its own devices. Life went on, and it wasn't until months later that I noticed I hadn't cursed out my windshield wipers in quite some time. Ice no longer clung to glass and blade with its evil skeleton claws. In fact, hardly anything stuck to the windshield. Even the salt-rain just beaded up for easy wipe-away. Since I knew for a fact that it wasn't the winter conditions that had changed, I had to give credit to Prestone for this new visibility.
My smile-and-nod at this revelation was no longer vacant. I was pleasantly surprised.

No comments: