Sunday, March 20, 2011

Some Songs for Your Sunday

In an unexpected turn of events, I have become quite enamored of Simon & Garfunkel. I mean, I've always liked them well enough, but I tuned in to Sirius Satellite Radio's "all Simon & Garfunkel, all the time" special station not thinking I would get as caught up as I did in the lyrics and harmonies of old favorites as well as songs I'd never heard before.

It's been two weeks of immersion in S&G studies. I now consider myself qualified to release a Top Ten* list of my favorite songs performed by Paul and Art. Without further a-duo...

12. El Condor Pasa

11. Feuilles-O

10. A Hazy Shade Of Winter

9. The Boxer

8. 50 Ways to Leave Your Lover

7. Keep the Customer Satisfied

6. Me and Julio Down By The Schoolyard

5. Mrs. Robinson

4. Slip Slidin' Away

3. He Was My Brother

2. Cecilia

1. Bridge Over Troubled Waters


*Upon deeper reflection, I was unable to narrow down the list to only ten favorites.

2 comments:

Life As I Know It said...

You can't go wrong with S&G. I saw Simon way back when he did a free concert in Central Park...1990 maybe. Brilliant song writers.

Binky said...

Paul Simon must've been incredible to see. I hope I can catch S&G on a reunion tour one of these days.