Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Market Price

This is where our family started almost three years ago, in an old Cape that has been housing beginnings for more than two centuries.














We brought our daughter home on a hot July day to a backyard barbecue with friends.















In the spare-room-turned-nursery, she had a place of her own (not that she used it for the first four months).














The seasons changed, and we stayed warm in the cold.















We read books.



























The house was never clean.


















Today we put our house on the market. I'm boxing up our old beginnings and putting them in storage until they can merge with the new. Life is tidier in this holding pattern.








































So we wait.

13 comments:

Jene said...

wow, it IS possible for your house to be clean! lol. :)

Anonymous said...

Great photo essay. beautiful family, and the clean house, oh I APPROVE!

Chicky Chicky Baby said...

I'm in love with that fireplace. I don't think your dog could have gotten any closer!

Moving is bittersweet. This one must be particularly tough. But the house looks so clean!

Amy said...

I would totally buy that house. Totally.

Your little family is so lovely. And that house looks like you could eat off the floors.

Sending you good house vibes ...

Anonymous said...

You have a beautiful home; good luck selling! (And if you sell quickly, send some of that luck my way, mmmkay?)

Anonymous said...

beautiful!

Kate said...

Wow, why are you selling such an awesome house? If I were in Masschusetts I would buy it! I've been a little remiss with blogging lately, so did I miss something? Are you moving somewhere far?

Kate said...

OK, my mistake - I meant Connecticut. Sorry! I just love old New England houses.

Debbie said...

Dude, it's SO much fun to see those photos. Your life is beautiful to behold in all of this.

And I'm excited for you, and this twist in the road.

Anonymous said...

It's a beautiful house. And it won't take long...

BTW, any tips you can give on keeping a house that clean with a toddler running around? I could use some for when we put our house up soon.

Redneck Mommy said...

I love the fact that you shared with us, your anonymous blogging buddies a glimpse into your habitat.

You rock, Binky. Love your house, but love you more.

May you sell quickly, find a new house you love more, and make a profit to boot!

toyfoto said...

That's not just a house, it's a home; even clean you can feel it. I hope its market value reflects the love.

Anonymous said...

It's hard isn't it, moving, I mean it's exciting but terrifying as well. It looks like a beautiful house, it's not a home though, because home wherever your family is in the end, where ever your heart is.